Our Senior Men’s and Women’s Squads welcome rowers with at least one year of experience on the water. The athletes follow a complete training program followed by professional coaches to enable them to compete at a high level.
A typical week of water training for the Seniors include:
- One 1hr early morning session
- One 1hr 30m evening session
- Two 1hr 30m day sessions (usually on Saturdays)
- Three scheduled days of land training at Bloomsbury Fitness including set ergs, weights and X-training (e.g. running, spinning, etc).
- One 1hr scheduled circuits session with the whole club focusing on the core muscles
The senior squads compete across the country in lots of major races such as Fours Head, BUCS Head, WeHORR, HORR in the winter and BUCS, MET, Reading, Marlow, Henley Women’s and Henley Royal Regatta in the summer months.
There are three week-long training camps every year for the senior squads. These are always really fun and a great way to step on with training in preparation for some of the more important races.
- Winter training camp – Boat house in Chiswick
- Easter training camp – Avis, Portugal
- Pre-Henley training camp – Henley-on-Thames
Senior Men’s Captain – Sal Khalil
Senior Women’s Captain – Alexandra Darby